Turkey Visa for Pakistan
Turkey offers an electronic visa (eVisa) system that allows citizens of Pakistan to apply for a visa online. The eVisa simplifies the visa application process and eliminates the need for Pakistani citizens to visit the Turkish embassy or consulate in person. This article provides important information regarding the electronic Turkey eVisa for Pakistan citizens, including eligibility, requirements, application process, duration of stay, and more.
Eligibility of Pakistani Citizens
Pakistani citizens are eligible to apply for an electronic Turkey eVisa. The eVisa is available for tourism, business, and trade purposes. However, it is important to note that the eVisa is not valid for work or study purposes in Turkey. For such activities, separate visa requirements apply.
Turkey e-Visa Requirements for Pakistan Citizens
When applying for a Turkey eVisa as a Pakistani citizen, there are specific requirements that must be met. These requirements for Turkey e-Visa include:
- Valid Pakistani passport with a minimum validity of 6 months beyond the intended stay in Turkey.
- A valid email address to receive notifications and the eVisa approval.
- A valid credit or debit card for payment of the eVisa fee.
- Supporting documents,It is mandatory to possess a valid residence permit or visa issued by the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, or any Schengen country.
It is important to carefully review the specific requirements and gather all necessary documents before applying for the eVisa.
How to Apply for a Turkey eVisa from Pakistan for the First Time
Applying for a Turkey eVisa from Pakistan is a straightforward process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the website for Turkish eVisa applications.
- Fill out the online Turkey eVisa application form with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Submit the application.
- Pay the eVisa fee using a valid credit or debit card.
After submission, the application will be processed, and the eVisa will be sent to the applicant via email within the specified processing time.
eVisa Requirement for Underage Travelers from Pakistan
Underage travelers from Pakistan, including children and infants, are also required to have an eVisa to enter Turkey. The application process and requirements are the same as for adult travelers.
Processing Time for Electronic Turkey eVisa for Pakistani Citizens
The processing time for an electronic Turkey eVisa for Pakistani citizens can vary based on the chosen processing option. The available processing options typically include:
- Normal Processing: This is the standard processing option, and it usually takes around 24 hours for the eVisa to be processed and delivered to the applicant's email address. This processing time is applicable for most eVisa applications.
- Rush Processing: If you require a faster processing time, you can choose the rush processing option. With this option, the eVisa application is prioritized, and the processing time is expedited. Rush processing can usually deliver the eVisa within a shorter timeframe, such as 6-12 hours.
- Super Rush Processing: For the quickest processing time available, the super rush processing option is ideal. This option ensures that your eVisa application receives the highest priority, resulting in an even faster processing time. With super rush processing, you can expect to receive your eVisa within a few hours or even less.
Accepted Payment Methods for the eVisa Fee
When applying for an electronic Turkey eVisa as a Pakistani citizen, there are typically several accepted payment methods for the Turkey eVisa fee. These payment methods may include:
- Credit Cards: Most commonly, major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted for payment of the eVisa fee. Ensure that your credit card is valid and has sufficient funds to cover the visa fee.
- Debit Cards: Many debit cards that are affiliated with international payment networks, such as Visa or MasterCard, can also be used to pay the eVisa fee. Verify with your bank whether your debit card is eligible for online international transactions.
- PayPal: The Turkish eVisa system often accepts payment through PayPal, a widely used online payment platform. If you have a PayPal account, you can link it to your bank account or credit card to make the eVisa payment securely.
- Other Online Payment Platforms: Depending on the eVisa application website, there may be additional online payment platforms available. These can include popular payment gateways specific to the application platform. Be sure to check the payment options provided during the application process.
It is advisable to check the official website for the accepted payment methods during the application process.
Possibility of Extending the eVisa for Pakistani Citizens
Pakistani citizens are not eligible to extend their eVisa while in Turkey. If an extended stay is required, it is necessary to apply for a different type of visa through the Turkish embassy or consulate in Pakistan.
Allowed Travel Purposes for Pakistani Citizens with Turkey eVisa
Pakistani citizens holding a valid Turkey eVisa are allowed to travel for tourism, business purposes. The eVisa does not permit work or study activities. Separate visa requirements apply for such purposes.
Tracking the Status of eVisa Application for Pakistani Citizens
During the processing period, Pakistani citizens can track the status of Turkey eVisa application through the website's online tracking system. By entering the application reference number or passport information, applicants can check the progress of their application.
Maximum Duration of Stay Allowed for Pakistani Citizens on eVisa
The maximum duration of stay allowed for Pakistani citizens with an eVisa is determined by the visa validity period. The eVisa allows for stays of up to 30 days within a 180-day period. It is essential to adhere to the permitted duration of stay to avoid any immigration issues.
Entry Points in Turkey Accepting the Electronic Turkey eVisa for Pakistani Citizens
Pakistani citizens holding an electronic Turkey eVisa can enter Turkey through various entry points, including international airports, seaports, and land border crossings. It is recommended to check the official website for a complete list of entry points accepting the eVisa.
Rejected eVisa Application for Pakistani Citizens
If a Pakistani citizen's eVisa application is rejected, they will need to apply for a regular visa through the Turkish embassy or consulate in Pakistan. It is advisable to review the reasons for rejection and address any issues before reapplying.
Map of Tourist Attractions in Turkey
Here are some notable destinations:
- Istanbul: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, Basilica Cistern, and the Spice Bazaar.
- Cappadocia: Fairy Chimneys, Goreme Open Air Museum, Hot Air Balloon Rides, Underground Cities, and Pasabag.
- Pamukkale: Cotton Castle terraces, Hierapolis ancient city, and the Cleopatra Pool.
- Ephesus: Ancient Roman city with well-preserved ruins including the Library of Celsus, Temple of Artemis, and the Great Theater.
- Antalya: Old Town (Kaleici), Hadrian's Gate, Antalya Museum, Aspendos Theater, and the Duden Waterfalls.
- Bodrum: Bodrum Castle (The Castle of St. Peter), Bodrum Amphitheater, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, and the Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archaeology.
- Troy: The ancient city of Troy with its archaeological site and replica of the famous Trojan Horse.
- Pergamon: Pergamon Acropolis, Asklepion (ancient healing center), and the Red Basilica.
- Gallipoli: Gallipoli Peninsula Historical National Park, which includes World War I battlefields and memorials.
- Pamir Plateau: Mount Ararat, Ishak Pasha Palace, and the ancient Armenian city of Ani.
- Oludeniz: The Blue Lagoon, Butterfly Valley, and paragliding over the stunning coastline.
- Mount Nemrut: Ancient Commagene kingdom's mountaintop sanctuary with colossal statues.
These are just a few examples, and there are many more beautiful places to explore in Turkey.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, Pakistani citizens are eligible to apply for an Electronic Turkey eVisa.
No, it is not possible to extend the stay in Turkey with an Electronic Turkey eVisa. If Pakistani citizens wish to stay longer than the permitted duration, they must apply for a different type of visa through the nearest Turkish embassy or consulate.
While holding an Electronic Turkey eVisa, Pakistani citizens are expected to comply with the terms and conditions of their visa. They should engage in activities that are consistent with the purpose of their visit (tourism, business) and abide by Turkish laws and regulations.
No, an Electronic Turkey eVisa does not permit Pakistani citizens to work in Turkey. If someone intends to work in Turkey, they must obtain the appropriate work visa or permit before starting any employment activities.
No, Pakistani citizens are required to have a valid visa or eVisa to enter Turkey. The Electronic Turkey eVisa is the most common option for short-term visits. Without a visa, Pakistani citizens will not be allowed to board a flight or enter Turkey through any other means.