Turkey Visa for Chinese Citizens
In 2013, the Turkish government implemented an easy and straightforward online visa application system for foreign travellers to quickly obtain a Turkey e Visa. This new system abolished the need to visit the Turkish embassy or consulate to apply for a Turkish visa for Chinese citizens. The digital platform has allowed potential visitors to apply for their visa from the comfort of their homes. The process is swift, taking approximately 3 minutes. It is important to note that the eVisa is only applicable for tourism and business purposes.
Types of Turkish Visa for Chinese citizens
Below are most common types of visas available for Chinese passport holders:
- Turkey eVisa: Suitable for Chinese travellers visiting Turkey for tourism or business purposes. Maximum stay is 30 days.
- Student Visa: Required for Chinese travellers accepted into a Turkish educational institution. Additional documentation may be required.
- Work Visa: Needed for Chinese citizens with employment or a job offer from a Turkish company. Typically obtained with the assistance of the employing company.
- Transit Visa: May be required for Chinese travellers transiting through Turkey to another destination. Allows a short stay in Turkey, typically up to 72 hours.
Turkey eVisa Requirements for China:
It is essential to meet specific requirements set forth by Turkey's Government to qualify for receiving an eVisa. The eVisa eligibility requirements are as follows:
- A Chinese passport valid for 150 days starting from the date of arrival in Turkey.
- A valid email address (where the Turkey e Visa and all visa-related notifications will be sent)
- A debit/credit card, PayPal account, American Express, MasterCard, Maestro (you will need it to pay the eVisa fees).
- State Purpose of visit; the eVisa can only be deemed valid if the purpose of visit is either tourism or commerce.
In addition to the pointers mentioned above, Chinese citizens should also confirm the given points to be eligible to apply for a Turkish e-visa -
- You must show that you have a ticket to go back, a place to stay, and at least 50 dollars for each day you're there.
- Your passport is valid for the whole time you're in Turkey.
- You're going there for either a holiday or business.
Turkey eVisa Validity for Chinese Citizens:
The Turkey eVisa is an electronic travel permit that grants Chinese travellers an opportunity to travel to Turkey and stay for 30 days on a multiple-entry visa. This means Chinese travellers cannot stay in Turkey for more than 30 days with an eVisa.
However, the eVisa will stay valid for a maximum period of 180 days, starting from the date of travel the applicant mentioned in the visa form. Turkish eVisa is a multiple-entry travel authorization for Chinese travellers, which means they can enter and exit Turkey multiple times within the validity period.
Turkey eVisa Application Process:
Applying for a Turkey Visa is a simple 3-step process, which includes:
- Filling out a visa application form.
- Paying the visa fee using a valid payment card.
- Providing a valid email ID to receive the visa.
Who can Apply for a Turkey Electronic Visa?
China does not fall into the visa exemption category of countries. Therefore, all Chinese citizens must obtain a visa before travelling to Turkey for tourism purposes.
Chinese citizens who hold a diplomatic or official passport are exempt from the visa requirement. However, they can only stay in Turkey for less than 30 days.
With a Turkey e Visa, Chinese travellers can visit Turkey for tourism or business purposes. They can visit famous tourist sites, meet friends and family, spend holidays admiring the country's scenic beauty, rich culture, exquisite cuisine, and architectural marvel. Or else, they can participate in conferences, trade exhibitions, or attend meetings.
However, Chinese travelers holding an eVisa cannot work or study in Turkey. If you wish to seek employment or study in Turkey, you'll have to apply for a different visa.
Turkey Urgent Visa:
Regular visas are processed within one business days. If you cannot wait that long and need a Turkey Visa immediately, you need to apply for an urgent visa. Urgent visas are processed almost immediately after submitting the visa form and paying the visa fee.
The urgent visa processing duration is 15 minutes, so you can quickly obtain a visa, even before boarding your flight to Turkey.
Turkey Transit Visa for Chinese Citizens:
If you are a Chinese national aiming to pass through Turkey to reach or enter another destination either in Europe or Asian continents, you will require a Turkey transit visa. This visa will be mandatory for those who want to travel through Turkey to reach their destination.
If you don't wish to leave the airport to spend a day or two in Turkey, then a transit visa or tourist eVisa won't be necessary.
The traveller must possess an onward ticket, a valid passport, and essential travel documents to enter their desired destination to apply for a transit visa.
China boasts of the world's largest outbound tourism industry, which is continually expanding each year. More than 100 million trips depart from China to travel to different parts of the world. Turkey is among the top ten destinations thronged by Chinese tourists every year.
In the first half of 2023, about 89,000 tourists from China went to Turkey. This number is just a small part, only 0.2%, of all the tourists from other countries who visited Turkey. Back in 2019, Turkey had a lot more visitors from China, around 430,000. But in 2020, this number fell a lot to just 40,000. And in the next year, it dropped even more, to 34,000.
Turkey has opened its borders to Chinese tourists, and international flights have resumed. It is the perfect time for Chinese travellers to plan a trip to Turkey.
Advantages of a Turkey visa for Chinese citizens
- Cultural Heritage: Turkey is rich in history and culture, with landmarks like the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, and Ephesus.
- Diverse Landscapes: Turkey’s diverse landscapes offer opportunities for sightseeing, water sports, and relaxation on beautiful beaches.
- Cultural Exchange: Visitors can engage with locals, enjoy traditional cuisine, participate in festivals, and create memorable experiences.
- Business Opportunities: A valid Turkish Visa allows Chinese citizens to explore business opportunities in Turkey.
Ease of Travel: Turkey’s location provides easy access to both Europe and Asia.
Cost of the Turkey E-Visa for Chinese Citizens
The cost to apply for Turkey e-visa by Chinese citizens can vary depending on the latest price changes made by Turkey officials. Applicants can go to our Turkish e-visa application fee calculator page to find out the detailed fee breakdown.