Turkey Visa Information | Turkey Visa Application
The spectacular natural beauty, great food, and historical-cultural sites make Turkey one of the most visited countries in the world. Turkish people strongly recommend good friendship, tasty food, and a breathtaking life. It is a land of sandy beaches, mountains, and woodlands. So, what are you waiting for? Be ready to explore Turkey! Applying online for visa to Turkey is a very simple process. The applicants only need to fill out an application online with supporting documents and visa fees.
After submitting the application, the applicant will receive his visa information through email. Visitors who are not spared from entry visas can easily apply for e-Visa. Tourists from the countries where Turkey does not have any consular representation can also apply for e-Visa. To avoid any inconvenience, the visitors should apply for it as soon as possible. The Visa offered by the Turkish government to foreigners does not guarantee absolute entry to Turkey. In case of application rejection, the visa fee is not refundable.
- All the tourists must have proper medical insurance that will be valid during their stay in Turkey.
- It is a must for the visitors to get an e-Visa who are visiting Turkey for less than 30 or 90 days. The Turkish consular offices can only offer e-Visas with a maximum duration of 90 days.
- The visitors who want to stay in Turkey for a long period of time can apply for a “Short Term Residence Permit’. The Short-Term Residence permit will be canceled if the visitor will stay out of Turkey for more than 120 days.
- Visa applications for study or work will be entertained by the respective representatives of Turkey in other countries. Travel document holders of the other countries can obtain visas from Turkish missions.
- Applicants less than the age of 18 have to submit a permit from both of the parents. For those whose parents are died or in case of divorce, the visa may be provided on the basis of the purpose of the visit.
- Those foreigners will avail vise free regime who are invited by the universities under Turkish higher education commission to study in an undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, or Ph. D level program.
- For the visitors who want to enter Turkey from naval ports for the purpose of tourism, a visa-free permit may be issued to those foreigners by the local government. The maximum duration of these permits may not exceed 72 hours and the visitors will only be allowed to explore the premises of the naval port. However, the passport of the visitor will not be retained by the border authorities.
- Remember, e-Visas are only applicable for the purpose of tourism or business. However, for the purpose of study or work the visas are issued by the Turkish consulates.
Table of Content:
Types of Turkish Visa:
Turkey issues short-term visas (Type C) and long-term visas (Type D) depending on the purpose of stay, duration, and nationality of the applicant. The period given is up to 30,60 or 90 days within six months for a single-entry. For multiple-entry, it is usually 60 or 90 days per visit within six months. E-Visa holders and sticker visa holders have the same validity period. Below is the type of visa of Turkey:
Following types of Visas are offered by the Turkish government:
- Turkey Tourist And Business Visa – issued to nationals entering the country for tourism, business conference, cultural activities, official visit, and transit apply Turkey visa application.
Turkey visas can easily be obtained via an electronic visa system. You can obtain this visa only in three minutes via the online application system. You are advised to have an official passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival. The Turkish ministry of foreign affairs is continuously trying to make the e-Visa system better and better. Tour operators are allowed to apply for group e-Visas and can pay all the fees of visas at a time. The Turkey visa fee for an e-Visa obtained online is less than the fee for a visa offered upon arrival at the Turkish airport. In case of having a valid visa, you do not need to apply for a residence permit for up to 90 days of stay. However, for a stay of more than 90 days, the foreigners have to register themselves at the nearest local police department.
- Turkey Employment Visa – issued to nationals who will work in Turkey or assigned person in the field of journalism, entertainment, construction, education, etc
- Turkey Official Visa – issued to couriers or nationals assigned for duty
- Turkey Education Visa – issued to nationals who will study in Turkey, interns of ERASMUS and AISEC, and any other educational purposes
- Turkey Conditional Visa – issued to seafarers, freight workers, truck drivers, or nationals entering the country for research, documentary, medical treatment, companionship, family unification, etc
- Turkey Working Visa – Foreigners can apply for a working visa through consular offices in the country of their residence. In order to work in Turkey, you have to obtain Turkey work visa from the Turkish mission in your country. The necessary documents for applying for a working visa are a valid passport, a filled visa application, and a letter from your employer in Turkey. Other documents may be submitted by your employer in the country within ten working days. The Turkish ministry of social and labor security deals with the approval or disapproval of the working visa applications. Work permits are considered equivalent to residence permits. For working in the free zones of the country, working permits are offered by the Turkish ministry of economy. The foreigners will be charged for work permit certificate fee, entry visa fee, and residence fee. After the arrival in Turkey, the foreigners have to register themselves at the local police station to obtain the necessary residence permit.
- Turkey Internship Visa – Issued for study, temporary work, being entertainer, visiting for international programs, athletes.
- Turkey Assigned Journalists – The international press member who is willing to visit Turkey for a short period of time is not required to get a visa annotated for the press. It is enough for them to have a tourist visa and temporary press-member cards may be issued to them by the Turkish ministry of Press and Information. These temporarily issued press cards are valid for a period of three months from the issuance date.
- Turkey Tour Operator Representative Visa – The representatives of foreign tour operators are all spared from getting a working visa if they are visiting Turkey for a period of fewer than eight months. However, if the tour representatives are asking for a residence permit, they may consult the Provincial Directorate of Migration.
- Turkey Transportation Visa – If the foreigner is successful in submitting all the documents, multiple transportations visas may be offered to him with the validity of one year. However, visa regimes for truck drivers from different countries may vary from country to country.
- Turkey Documentary and Exploration Purpose Visas – Foreigners who are wishing to visit Turkey for shooting a research documentary or for the purpose of excavation should get permission from the Turkish authorities in advance. It is necessary for a foreigner to enter Turkey by obtaining a relevant visa for the purpose of research and scientific study. All the foreigners are requested to apply directly to the institutions for scientific research, photos and documentary shootings, historical, sociological, and geological researches.
- Turkey Internship Visa – Applicants need to obtain a work permit from the Turkish ministry of labor and social security. The following foreigners do not need to apply for a work permit:
- The persons who are spared from the work permit through bilateral or multilateral agreements between the countries.
- The persons who are wishing to visit Turkey for a period of less than one month for the purpose of scientific and technical studies, cultural, and artistic activities.
- The foreigners who are visiting Turkey for the purpose of installation, maintenance, and repairing of machinery which has been recently imported to Turkey for a period of fewer than three months.
- The foreigners who are visiting Turkey for the purpose of training in the use of products and services for a period of fewer than three months.
- The foreigners who are representatives of the tour operators for a period of fewer than eight months.
Turkey Visa Application
In 2014, Turkey's border authorities required travelers to get a Turkish sticker Visa to gain entry. Eligible nationals obtain Sticker Visa by visiting a Consulate for face-to-face application. It usually takes time to know the result of the interview. Paperwork and idle time are just a few challenges of getting a sticker visa. Countries lean towards a sustainable and convenient way of obtaining travel documents. With the evolving community and growing number of travelers every year, visa procedure starts to get amended little by little. Hence, the electronic application gets established.
Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs inaugurated the Turkey e Visa Application System in April 2019. They aim to produce smooth and quick transactions with the use of modern technology. Eligible countries for turkey visa can apply for their visa using phones and laptops.
Documents, payment, and validation will happen electronically, eliminating the appointment to the Turkey Consulate or Embassy. In the meantime, eligible applicants can get an Turkey e-Visa for Business and tourism purposes. Otherwise, they have to apply directly to a Turkish Embassy . The system can indicate if nationals are eligible for an e-Visa.
Turkey Visa Conditions and Exemptions
Countries under the European Agreement can enter Turkey using their national IDs and get exempted from visa requirements. Turkey Visa Exempt Countries can stay in Turkey for 90 days within 180 days period visa-free. These countries are Italy, Germany, Malta, Portugal, Greece, Belgium, Netherlands, Georgia, France, Spain, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, and Luxembourg
Citizens from the following countries can enter Turkey even with an expired passport:
- Belgium, France, Spain, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Portugal can enter Turkey using a passport expired within five years
- Germany can enter Turkey with a passport expired within one year
Citizens of the Russian Federation are visa-exempt for tourism, commerce, and transit to/from Turkey with 60 days period of stay. UK passport holders are also exempted from visa regulations and are allowed to stay in Turkey for 90 days within 180 days period.
Other nationalities not on the list may obtain their visa by visiting a consulate or Turkish Embassy. They must apply one month ahead of their intended travel date to avoid inconvenience.
The period of stay granted to nationals does not exceed 90 days. Otherwise, they have to apply for a Short-Term Residence Visa to extend their stay. A Foreigner's Resident Visa gets canceled if the person did not go back to Turkey after 120 days.
Travelers must have travel health insurance during their entire stay in the country.
Invitation for tourist visits must include an invitation letter stating the details of the local sponsor. The letter must have the TR Identity Number/Tax Registration Certificate, permanent address, contact number, purpose of stay, duration of stay, disclosure of accommodation expenses, and invitee's name.
Nationals who need to obtain a working visa have to submit their supporting documents to the Turkish Ministry of Labor and Security Service. Projects under Turkey-European Union Financial Cooperation Program, private Internships, scientific studies, cultural, sports, entertainment, and artistic activities in Turkey do not require a work permit. Sports activities like football matches should seek approval from the Turkish Football Federation or the General Directorate of Youth and Sports.
Drivers may opt to get a Transportation Visa that allows them multiple-entry in the borders of Turkey in one year.
Transiting through the border of Turkey may require a visa if you will leave the airport or any point of entry. The period of stay during transit must not exceed seventy-two hours.
Requirements may vary depending on the decisions of the local authorities of Turkey.
Requirements For Visa Application:
- Passport must have 2 empty pages and a minimum of 6 months validity starting on the arrival date in Turkey. Keep a copy of the passport's bio page.
- Complete the Turkey Visa Application Form
- Two digital passport-sized photographs of the applicant
- Proof of travel, including return ticket and accommodation details
- Valid travel health insurance that covers the entire stay in Turkey
- Proof of employment or Student Certificate
- For employed: Employment Contract, Income Tax Return, and Letter of Leave approved by the employer
- For self-employed: Business license and Income Tax Return
- For students: Proof of enrollment and No-Objection Certificate
- Proof of income
- For employed: Statement of bank account for the past six months
- For self-employed: Statement of bank account for the past six months
- For retired: Pension statement for the past six months
- For unemployed: Proof of Financial capacity or proof of sponsor
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PCR test is mandatory for all passengers six years old and above coming in and out of Turkey. The test should happen seventy-two hours before the date of departure from the origin country.
Turkey Travel Advisory:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Turkey announced the suspension of flights from the United Kingdom, South Africa, Denmark, Brazil except for diplomatic and repatriation flights. Passengers permitted for entry from these countries have to comply with fourteen days of quarantine upon arrival in Turkey.
Guidelines to Turkey Visa Application
Turkey's Sticker Visa in 2014 transitioned to a modern and seamless process called Turkey e Visa . The new system is hassle-free and can give quicker results than the traditional visa application process. There are over a hundred nationals eligible to apply for Turkish e-Visa.
Most countries can apply for it. All required fields must have the correct information to avoid discrepancies and possible delays in the application. E-Visa application is accessible anywhere 24/7, so long as you have an electronic device and stable internet connection. You will get a notification regarding the payment fee, visa status, and visa confirmation in the email you used to register.
Applicants must go to www.evisa-to-turkey.com and select “Apply e Visa Now” You can set your preferred language on the website. You must meet the requirements depending on your country of origin, duration, and purpose of visit. You can also submit a bulk application for up to ten travelers. The catch is they must have the same itinerary and purpose of visit to proceed.
Check Out Turkey eVisa Application Guide in All Languages:
- Turkey Visa Application Guide for Germany - Deutch Language
- Turkey Visa Application Guide for Spanish - Español Language
- Turkey Visa Application Guide for France - Français Language
- Turkey Visa Application Guide for Netherlands - Dutch Language
- Turkey Visa Application Guide for Chinese - 中文 Language
- Turkey Visa Application Guide for West Slavic - Polski Language
- Turkey Visa Application Guide for Turkish - Türkçe Language
- Turkey Visa Application Guide for Arabic - العربية Language
Turkish Sticker Visa Application Guide
If you're not eligible for an e-Visa application, you can print the form, fill it up manually and go to the nearest Consulate.
TÜRKİYE CUMHURİYETİ DIŞİŞLERİ BAKANLIĞI
VISA APPLICATION FORM
1. Family name (as in passport)
2. Maiden name
Date of application:
Means of transport
Type of Visa:
3. First name(s) (as in passport)
4. Date of birth (year-month-day)
6. Sex Male Female
7. Place of birth
8. Marital status:
Single Married Separated
Divorced Widowed Other
9. Current citizenship
10. Citizenship at birth
11. Father’s full name
12. Mother’s full name
13. Type of passport
Travel Document (1951 Convention)
Other (please specify)………………………………………………….
14. Passport number
15. Issue and expiry date
16. Place of issue
17. If you are resident in a country other than your country of origin, have you permission to return to that country?
No Yes, (number and validity) …………………………………………………………………………..
18. Present occupation and
19. Present work address
Telephone/ Fax Number
20. Applicant’s home address
21. Type of Visa:
Transit Short stay Long stay
22. Number of entries requested
Single Entry Multiple entry
23. Duration of stay- Visa is requested for: .................... days
24. Have you ever been refused a visa for Turkey?
Yes - When…………………………………………….. Where……………………………………………
25. Have you ever been deported from or required to leave Turkey ?
Yes - When…………………………………………….. Where…………………………………………………
26. In the case of transit, have you an entry permit for the final country of destination?
No Yes, valid until: …………………………….. Issuing authority:……..................……………….
27. Purpose of trip
Official Tourism Business Cultural/Sports
Private visit (family or friends) Medical reasons
Other (please specify)
28. Date of arrival
29. Date of departure
30. Port of first entry or transit route
31. Means of transport
32. Who is paying for your trip and costs of living during your stay in Turkey?
Myself Host person(s) Host company
(State who and how and please submit corresponding documentation)
33. Name of host or company in Turkey and contact person in host company. If not applicable, give name of hotel or temporary address in Turkey.
Address Telephone/ Fax Number E-mail address
34. Means of support during your stay
Cash Traveller’s Cheque Credit cards Accomodation
Travel and/or health insurance. (optional) Valid until:............................................
Date of birth
Place of birth
36. Children (Application must be submitted seperately for each passport)
Family Name: First name: Date of birth:
37. I certify that I have read and understood all the questions set forth in this application form and the answers I have furnished on this form are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that possession of a visa does not automatically entitle me to enter the Republic of Turkey upon arrival at a port of entry.
If I fail to comply with the relevant provisions of the Turkish Passport Law No: 5682 and Law on the Residence and Travel of Aliens in Turkey No: 5683, my entry will be refused and in case of refusal, I will not claim any compensation.
38. Place and date
39. Signature (for minors, signature of custodian /guardian)