Turkey Visa for the Indonesian
The Turkish e-Visa is an authorization document that allows visitors to enter Turkey legally.
Electronic Visas are included in many countries’ visa policies and have become quite widespread internationally in the last few years. At the moment, Turkey issues e-Visas to the citizens of 40 countries. And you can be sure that the list will be lengthened in the near future.
If you're from Indonesia, then you're among those 40 nationalities who no longer need to visit the embassy. Instead, you are free to apply online for a Turkish e-Visa.
In this article, we collected all the most important information about this e-Visa so you won't have doubts when applying.
Getting prepared to visit Turkey from the Indonesian now no longer requires the need to obtain an e-Visa, or no need to apply for a visa on arrival at the border.
Indonesian citizens are exempt from Turkey e Visa. Indonesian citizens are exempt from visa for tourist visits of up to 90 days within 180 days starting from the first entry date.
Please note: The Indonesian citizens are exempt from e Visa when the purpose of travel is tourism. For other purposes, such as work and study, visas are given by the consulates or embassies.
Turkey Visa Requirements for Indonesia:
To get the Turkish visa application approved by Turkey, you need to fulfil the following requirements(Turkey visit visa requirements).
-A valid Indonesian passport with an expiry date of 150 days from the arrival date in Turkey.
-An email address to receive the visa and other notifications.
-A credit or debit card for payment of the visa fee.
-Supporting documents like travel itinerary, bank statements, travel insurance and any other.
Turkey Visa Application Process
Apply Turkey visa online process is simple and consists of just three basic steps
- Fill out the Turkey visa application form.
- Make payment for visa fee using a valid debit or credit card.
- Provide a valid email ID to receive the confirmation of the application.
In addition, if you have a valid visa, you do not need a residence permit for up to 90 days.
Who Can Apply for a Turkey Electronic Visa?
Indonesians citizens travelling to Turkey for tourism or commerce can apply for Turkish eVisa. It is important to note that electronic visas are only valid for the two mentioned travel purposes: tourism or business. The Turkey Visa will allow them to stay in Turkey for 30 days. The visa will be valid for 6 months (180 days). The Turkey eVisa will be a single-entry travel authorization, and their stay must not exceed the 30 days limit.travel purpose:
Indonesians travelling for the purpose such as work,study, the visas are given by the Consulates.They can enter Turkey without a visa and stay for 30 to 60 days, depending on the visit's purpose. If their stay exceeds this limit, they will need to apply for a visa.
How to Apply for a Turkey e Visa?
You will need to fill a visa application form available on our website. In the form, you will provide personal information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, and email address. Travellers are recommended to provide accurate details about their background, as these are mentioned on their passport; otherwise, their application won't be processed.
Moreover, in the application form, the applicant will provide information about his/her passport. They will have to enter their passport number, date of its issuance, and expiry. Also, part of the application is mentioning their purpose of visit and expected date of travel.
Turkey e Visa Points to Note
- Visa Requirements: For short visits such as holidays or business trips, Indonesian citizens do not need a visa. However, for longer stays or for purposes like work or study, a visa obtained from the Embassies or Consulates is required.
- Registration: Even with a valid visa, foreigners planning to reside, work, or study in Turkey must register at the nearest local police department upon arrival.
- Passport Validity: Ensure your travel document or passport is valid for at least 6 months from your arrival date in Turkey.
- Check Official Sources: Always check with the nearest mission or official government websites for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Health and Safety: Check the latest health and safety information related to COVID-19 or other diseases from official health department websites.
- Local Laws and Customs: Respect the local laws and customs of Turkey during your stay.
- Travel Insurance: It’s recommended to have travel insurance that covers health.
- Emergency Numbers: Keep handy the emergency numbers in Turkey. The general emergency number is 112.
- Currency: The official currency of Turkey is the Turkish Lira (TRY). Credit cards are widely accepted, but it’s always good to have some cash on hand.
- Climate: Turkey has a diverse climate. Depending on the time of your visit, pack your clothes accordingly.
- Language: The official language is Turkish. English is not widely spoken except in major cities and tourist areas.
- Cultural Respect: Turkey is a country with a rich cultural heritage. Always show respect towards their culture and traditions.
- Stay Connected: Consider options for staying connected through phone or internet while in Turkey.
- Transportation: Familiarise yourself with the local transportation system. Metro, buses, and taxis are common modes of transport.
- Accommodation: Book your accommodation in advance and confirm the amenities provided.
- Local Cuisine: Turkish cuisine is rich and diverse. Don’t miss out on local delicacies.
- Tourist Attractions: Plan your itinerary. Turkey is known for its historical sites, beautiful landscapes, and vibrant markets.
Turkey Visa for Indonesian Citizens
The government has implemented significant diplomatic measures to encourage foreign tourists to visit the country. One of the government's main steps was introducing an electronic (eVisa) system in 2013. After introducing the eVisa system, the visa on arrival facility for most nationalities was discontinued. Now, every traveller must obtain a visa online if planning to visit Turkey on a short trip.
The e-Visa is the digital alternative of the standard paper or sticker visa that the diplomatic missions in Indonesia issued to tourists intending to visit Turkey. Now, Indonesian citizens don't have to spend hours in the Turkish embassy waiting for their turn or the bare expenses of commuting to-and-from the embassy.
Urgent Visa Application
A regular e-visa takes about one day to be approved. If you are in a hurry, you have the option to apply for Turkey urgent visa.Urgent visa applications are processed within 15 minutes after submitting your application. This can be done right before you get on your flight to Turkey, using your phone, laptop, or tablet.