Turkey E-visa Application For Egypt
If you are an Egyptian citizen planning to visit Turkey, you may be wondering about the visa requirements. In recent years, Turkey has implemented an electronic visa (eVisa) system, which allows citizens of certain countries, including Egypt, to apply for a Turkey visa online instead of going through the traditional visa application process. This article will provide you with detailed information about the electronic Turkey eVisa for Egyptian citizens.
Is a Turkey Visa Required for First-Time Visitors from Egypt?
Yes, Egyptian citizens are required to obtain a visa before traveling to Turkey, even if it is their first visit. The electronic Turkey eVisa is the recommended and most convenient option for Egyptian citizens.
Information Required for a Turkey e-Visa Application for Egypt Citizens
When applying for a Turkey eVisa as an Egyptian citizen, you will need to provide the following information:
- Personal details: Full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, and passport information.
- Travel information: Purpose of visit, intended date of entry and exit, and details of accommodation in Turkey.
- Contact details: Email address and phone number.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Turkey E Visa for Egyptians
To be eligible for a Turkish eVisa, Egyptian citizens have to be aware of the following eligibility conditions:
- You can show that you have a ticket to go back, a place to stay, and at least 50 dollars for each day you're in Turkey.
- ou have a return ticket with either Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines, or Egypt Air.
- You're going there either for fun or work.
- Your passport is good for at least 6 months from when you plan to enter Turkey.
Who is Exempt from Turkey E Visa?
Egyptian citizens with official passports are allowed to enter Turkey without an e-visa for a duration of up to 90 days.
Eligibility for Egyptian Citizens with Residence Permits or Schengen Membership
Egyptian citizens who hold a valid residence permit from the United Kingdom,the United States of America, Ireland, or a valid membership from the Schengen Area are eligible to apply for a Turkish eVisa. However, they must provide proof of residence as a supporting document, excluding e-Visa or e-Permits.
Supporting Documents Required
In addition to the regular supporting documents required for a Turkish eVisa application, Egyptian citizens meeting the eligibility criteria mentioned above must present a proof of residence as a supporting document. This document should demonstrate their legal residence status in the respective countries (UK, USA, Ireland) or their valid membership from the Schengen Area.
How to Apply for an Electronic Turkey eVisa as an Egyptian Citizen?
The process of applying for an electronic Turkey eVisa as an Egyptian citizen is simple and can be done online. Follow these steps:
- Visit the website of the Turkish eVisa application form.
- Select your nationality as Egyptian and choose the purpose of your visit.
- Fill in the required personal, travel, and contact information accurately.
- Review the information you provided and submit your application.
- Pay the visa fee using a valid credit or debit card.
Turkey Online e-Visa Application for Citizens of Egypt
When filling out the online application form for a Turkey e-Visa as a citizen of Egypt, you will be required to provide the following information:
- Full name: Enter your full name as it appears on your passport.
- Date of birth: Provide your date of birth in the format specified on the form.
- Nationality: Select "Egypt" as your nationality.
- Gender: Choose your gender from the options provided.
- Passport number: Enter the number as it appears on your passport.
- Date of issue: Specify the date your passport was issued.
- Date of expiry: Enter the expiration date of your passport.
- Email address: Enter a valid email address where you can receive notifications and updates regarding your e-Visa application.
- Phone number: Provide a contact number where you can be reached.
- Intended date of entry: Specify the date you plan to enter Turkey.
- Visa fee: Pay the required visa fee using a valid credit or debit card.
It's important to fill in all the requested information accurately and truthfully. Any discrepancies or incorrect information may result in delays or rejection of your e-Visa application. Make sure to double-check all the information before submitting your application.
Processing Time for Electronic Turkey eVisa for Egyptian Citizens
The processing time for an electronic Turkey eVisa for Egyptian citizens can vary depending on the processing option you choose: Normal, Rush, or Super Rush. Here's a breakdown of the estimated processing times for each option:
- Estimated processing time:Usually takes 24 hours.
- This is the standard processing option and is recommended for those who have sufficient time before their intended travel date.
- Estimated processing time: Typically processed within 6 to 12 hours.
- The rush processing option is available for those who need their eVisa quickly but still have a reasonable amount of time before their travel date.
Super Rush Processing:
- Estimated processing time: Expedited processing within 1 -4 hours.
- The super rush processing option is ideal for travelers who have urgent or last-minute travel plans.
What is the Validity Period of an Electronic Turkey eVisa for Egyptian Citizens?
The validity period of an electronic Turkey eVisa for Egyptian citizens is determined by the Turkish authorities. Generally, the eVisa allows for a stay of up to 30 days within a 180-day period. This means that you can enter Turkey single times within the validity period as long as the total duration of your stay does not exceed 30 days.
Can Egyptian Citizens Extend their Electronic Turkey eVisa if Needed?
No, the electronic Turkey eVisa cannot be extended. If you wish to stay in Turkey beyond the allowed 90-day period, you will need to apply for a different type of visa, such as a residence permit, through the appropriate Turkish authorities.
Are there any Restrictions or Limitations for Egyptian Citizens with an Electronic Turkey eVisa?
While holding anelectronic Turkey eVisa, Egyptian citizens must abide by the regulations and restrictions imposed by Turkish immigration laws. These include not engaging in any form of employment, study, or business activities that are not permitted under the eVisa conditions. Violating these restrictions can lead to legal consequences and future travel complications.
Fees for Egyptian Citizens Applying for an Electronic Turkey eVisa
The fees for Egyptian citizens applying for an electronic Turkey eVisa are subject to change and should be verified at the time of application. The payment can be made online using a valid credit or debit card. It is important to note that the Turkey eVisa fee is non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of the application.
What Should Egyptian Citizens Do if their Electronic Turkey eVisa Application is Rejected?
If your electronic Turkey eVisa application is rejected, it is recommended to review the rejection notice for any specific reasons provided. In such cases, you may consider applying for a regular visa through the Turkish embassy or consulate in Egypt. The consular staff can provide guidance on the required documents and procedures for the regular visa application.
Can Egyptian Citizens Apply for a Turkey eVisa Online or is a Physical Visit to the Embassy Required?
Egyptian citizens can apply for a Turkey eVisa entirely online. There is no requirement for a physical visit to the embassy or consulate. The electronic application system provides a convenient and streamlined process for Egyptian citizens to obtain their Turkey eVisa without any in-person visits.
Common Reasons for the Rejection of Electronic Turkey eVisas for Egyptian Citizens
The rejection of electronic Turkey eVisas for Egyptian citizens can occur due to various reasons, including:
- Providing incorrect or inconsistent information in the application.
- Failure to meet the eligibility criteria or requirements.
- Previous immigration violations or issues with Turkish authorities.
- Security concerns or suspicions related to the applicant's background.
- Insufficient supporting documentation or evidence for the purpose of the visit.
Can Egyptian Citizens Apply for an Electronic Turkey eVisa if they have Previously been Denied Entry into Turkey?
If you have previously been denied entry into Turkey, it may affect your future visa applications, including the electronic Turkey eVisa. However, each visa application is evaluated individually, and a previous denial does not automatically disqualify you from applying for an eVisa. It is important to ensure that your application meets all the requirements and provide any necessary additional documentation to address any previous concerns.
Map of places to visit in Turkey
Turkey is a diverse and beautiful country with a rich history and stunning natural landscapes. Here is a map highlighting some of the top places to visit in Turkey:
- Istanbul: Located on the border of Europe and Asia, Istanbul offers a unique blend of cultures and historical sites. Visit iconic landmarks like the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, and explore the vibrant markets of the Grand Bazaar.
- Cappadocia: Famous for its surreal landscapes and hot air balloon rides, Cappadocia is a must-visit destination. Explore the fairy-tale-like rock formations, underground cities, and ancient cave dwellings.
- Pamukkale: Known for its terraces of white mineral-rich travertine pools, Pamukkale is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Relax in the thermal waters and visit the nearby ancient city of Hierapolis.
- Ephesus: Discover the well-preserved ruins of Ephesus, an ancient Greek city. Highlights include the Library of Celsus, the Temple of Artemis, and the Great Theatre.
- Antalya: Located on the picturesque Turkish Riviera, Antalya offers beautiful beaches, a charming old town (Kaleici), and historical sites like the ancient city of Perge and the Roman-era Aspendos Theater.
- Bodrum: A popular coastal resort town, Bodrum boasts stunning beaches, a vibrant nightlife, and historical sites such as the Castle of St. Peter and the ancient city of Halicarnassus.
- Troy: Explore the legendary city of Troy, immortalized in Homer's "Iliad." Visit the archaeological site to see the ruins and learn about the ancient city's history.
- Gallipoli: Pay homage to the fallen soldiers of World War I at the Gallipoli Peninsula. Visit the moving memorials and museums that commemorate the ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) soldiers.
- Pergamon: Discover the ancient city of Pergamon, known for its impressive Acropolis and the ruins of the Asclepion, a famous healing center in the ancient world.
- Mount Ararat: Trek to the summit of Mount Ararat, the highest peak in Turkey, located in eastern Anatolia. The mountain is steeped in biblical history and offers breathtaking views.
- Bodrum Peninsula: Enjoy the stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and picturesque villages along the Bodrum Peninsula. Visit the charming towns of Yalikavak, Gumusluk, and Turgutreis.
- Trabzon: Located on the Black Sea coast, Trabzon is famous for its beautiful Hagia Sophia, Sumela Monastery, and vibrant local cuisine.
These are just a few of the many incredible places to visit in Turkey. Remember to check the local travel advisories and plan your itinerary accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Citizens of certain countries, including Egypt, are eligible to apply for an Electronic Turkey eVisa.
The fees for an Electronic Turkey eVisa can vary depending on the applicant's nationality, the type of visa, and the processing time selected.
The processing time for an Electronic Turkey eVisa can vary. In most cases, the processing time is relatively quick, ranging from a few hours to a few days. However, it is advisable to apply well in advance of your travel dates to allow for any unforeseen delays.
Generally, Electronic Turkey eVisas cannot be extended or renewed. If you wish to stay in Turkey for a longer period, you may need to apply for a different type of visa or consult with the relevant Turkish authorities for further guidance.
No, holding an Electronic Turkey eVisa does not guarantee entry into Turkey. The final decision on entry is made by the immigration authorities at the port of entry. They may ask for additional documents or information and have the authority to deny entry if they deem it necessary.